3 tbsp Murray river pink salt (alternative is sea salt)
2 tbsp crushed black peppercorns
1 pkt Huber's fresh sage
2 tbsp olive oil
60g unsalted butter
100ml veal glaze (reduced/concentrated veal stock)
- Chop the sage leaving 5 whole leaves for presentation.
- Season the Veal rack with the salt, pepper, sage and olive oil.
- Season the Sweet potato and Brussels sprouts with salt and olive oil.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC for 15 minutes and subsequently turn it down to 170ºC and roast the veal rack for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature is 64ºC. Remember to baste the meat every 10-15 minutes. Roast the sweet potato and brussel sprouts on the same tray.
- Once done, turn off the oven, open the oven door and allow the roast to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Dutch milk-fed veal rack with the packet
of sage, veal stock and veal glaze
|Brussel Sprouts, cleaned|
|Veal Rack, Brussel sprouts and sweet|
potato all on the same tray