Tuesday 7 February 2012

Chicken with parsley & lemon




I got this recipe from http://www.coles.com.au/. The 2 cities in Australia that hold memories for me are Sydney & Melbourne, in that order.

Though I've been to Sydney only once for about 2 weeks and was there alone, I met someone there who displayed extraordinary grace.

She owns an Asian bakery shop along Quay Street and is my church friend's elder sister. She offered me a buffet of breads & cakes everyday (no time limit) and I had the privilege to have her cook lamb chops for me right from the kitchen in her bakery. She asked her student part-timers in her bakery to bring me around the city & secretly passed them money to host me. When I said that I have never tried ... erm.. what's that donut brand again.. Crispy Kreme! Yes, Crispy Kreme. When I said that I have yet to try that, she bought a dozen for me the next day to choose from. Then she brought me some persimmons to eat in the backpackers' for she said they were very sweet & in season. She also offered to send me on local tours & I declined because I know she would insist on paying for it. She was very kind and giving, everything I wouldn't expect from someone I am meeting for the first time and hopefully, not the only time.

-----------
Serving for 2:

4 chicken drumstick
Garlic, crushed
Parsley, finely chopped
1 lemon
2 tomatoes-on-the-vine, diced
1 avocado, diced
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt & freshly grounded black pepper to taste
Spaghetti

1] Combine garlic, parsley, lemon rind, some lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Pour half of these over the chicken and leave for 10 minutes or more.

2] Meanwhile, put the spaghetti to cook.

3] Combine the tomatoes, avocado, some lemon juice and olive oil. Season with some salt & freshly grounded black pepper.

4] Now, grill the chicken for about 20 to 30 minutes until its juice runs clear when cut into.

5] Then place the chicken on one side of the plate and drizzle the other half of parlsey sauce over chicken.

6] Twill spaghetti with a fork and place it on the other side of the plate. Top it off the avocado salad.

VOILA!

The avocado salad to go with the
spaghetti
The chicken before it goes into
the oven
Undo the twill from
your fork onto the plate

Top it up with the avocado salad

Chicken with lemon & parlsey

XOXO
Ariella

No comments:

Post a Comment